A resume has one main purpose: to persuade a prospective employer to grant you an interview. Substantively, your resume should: 1) provide an overview of your academic history, 2) provide an overview of your employment experience and skills, and 3) distinguish you from other candidates by highlighting your unique accomplishments and experience.
To create your post-graduate legal resume, follow these 5 steps:
1) Review Loyola Law School’s Policies and Guidelines regarding resumes.
2) Review the following sample resumes to familiarize yourself with the format and content of a post-graduate legal resume:
- Post Bar Exam Sample Resume
- Post-Bar Exam Results/Pending Admission Sample Resume
- Post-Bar Exam/Admitted to Bar Sample Resume
3) Review Resume Do's and Don'ts for a refresher on formatting and content requirements. Remember to use Action Verbs to start each of your job descriptions and to make them more informative.
4) Revise your resume, and if you desire, send it in Word format to your OCS counselor for review and revisions.
5) If sending your resume to an employer via email, send it as a PDF (not as a Word or Pages document).
For information regarding how to prepare your List of References, Writing Sample, and Transcript, please see Other Application Materials.
Office of Career Services
Founders Hall 118
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015