One of the primary functions of the Office of Career Services is to provide students and graduates the information they need to be successful in their career development. Below are links to resources that might be helpful to you.*
Student Loan Repayment and Financial Health Information
Application for Certification in the Practical Training of Law Students Program
The State Bar of California's Practical Training of Law Students (PTLS) program certifies law students to provide legal services under the supervision of an attorney. Students needing to be certified as part of their participation in an externship or those students seeking to be certified, but not as a part of an externship program, should obtain the Application for Certification in the Practical Training of Law Students Program.
Follow the steps below in order:
- Go to Calbar.org Practical Training of Law Students (PTLS) Page
- Complete and sign the Student's Application form.
- Have your supervising attorney complete and sign the Declaration by Supervising Attorney's form.
- Deliver both the Student's Application and the Declaration by Supervising Attorney to the Office of Student Affairs. The application will be reviewed and if approved, the Declaration by Dean of Law School form will be signed. The completed application will be available for pick up in the Office of Student Affairs within 3 business days.
- The student must retrieve the completed application and mail it to the State Bar of California with the appropriate fee. The State Bar will notify both the student and the Law School of any action taken.
* A website's appearance on this web page does not imply endorsement by either Loyola Law School or its Office of Career Services. These links are provided strictly for informational purposes only; Loyola Law School is not responsible for their contents.
Office of Career Services
Founders Hall 118
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015