On-Campus Interviews (OCI)
OCI is one of many ways students find jobs. It is part of a nationwide recruitment season coordinated by law schools for employers seeking students for summer and permanent employment. Participating employers include law firms, government agencies, public interest organizations, and businesses.
OCI is organized by the Office of Career Services (OCS) twice a year, in the fall (August, September) and in the spring (February, March). Traditionally, Fall OCI is more competitive and has more employers, the majority of which are large law firms seeking rising 2L (2D/3E) students for summer positions. Although Spring OCI has fewer employers than the Fall, they tend to have less rigid requirements than most Fall employers.
Fall 2013 OCI
Participation in Fall 2013 OCI is open to students attending Loyola Law School during the Fall 2013 semester as
- a 2L (2D/3E, Class of 2015),
- a 3L (3D/4E, Class of 2014),
- or an LLM graduating in December 2013 or later
- JD/MBA students and those returning from a leave of absence are classified according to the anticipated graduation date they report to the Registrar.
- Internal transfer students (who transfer from Day to Evening or vice versa) may participate based on the expected graduation term they report to the Registrar. The expected graduation term must be 2013 Fall or 2014 Spring/Summer for internal transfers classified as 3D/4E or 4D/5E. The expected graduation term must be 2014 Fall or 2015 Spring/Summer for those classified as 2D/3E.
- Outgoing transfer students are eligible to bid on all employers participating in OCI. Those who decide to transfer out should participate in OCI at their new school–not at Loyola.
- Incoming transfer students may participate once the Registrar confirms enrollment. OCI bidding deadlines still apply regardless of when students transfer into Loyola.
- Visiting students must maintain the same status (full-time or part-time) as they do at their home law school. Visiting students must carry the minimum unit load required by Loyola: 12 for full-time and 8 for part-time.
Complete details regarding Fall 2013 OCI will be emailed to all eligible students on May 20.
Office of Career Services
Founders Hall 118
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015