Summer Financial Aid
Complete the most current Summer Application for Financial Aid. Please download/print and fill it out. It can be scanned and emailed/faxed, mailed through USPS, or hand delivered to our office. Thanks for your cooperation.
Summer Financial Aid Rules
- For students who complete the summer application process by the priority date (April 25, 2013), we will make every effort to have funds available after the drop/add period. For students who apply after the priority date, we may be able to defer your tuition, but we will not be able to advance funds for living expenses.
- Summer applications submitted after the deadline date (July 18, 2013) will not be processed.
- Students must enroll in at least two units to receive a federal loan.
- Students are limited to 6 units unless enrolled in the JD/LLM Intensive Summer Session or are otherwise approved under Student Handbook section 2.5 which reads in part:
“Both Day and Evening Division students will be permitted to register for a maximum of six (6) units during Summer Session. (Students may petition the Registrar to register for more than the six  units but no more than eight  units if they are enrolling in an externship and also wish to take a Summer Session course.)
- Students may not participate in more than one summer program with overlapping enrollment periods, refer to Section 8.1.3. in the Student Handbook:
"Students endeavoring to participate in more than one summer program, including Loyola Law School’s, must be sure that enrollment periods for each program run exclusive of one another – including Orientation, all scheduled class meetings, and the examination period. Any overlapping enrollment periods will not be permitted."
- Student loan eligibility is based on the number of units you indicated you would enroll in on your 2013 Summer Application for Financial Aid.
- If you enroll in fewer units, your loan proceeds will have to be adjusted, and the disbursement of your funds will be delayed.
- If you drop units after loan funds are disbursed, funds will be returned in accordance with the Refund/Repayment policy and you may owe LLS a balance for summer tuition.
- Students cannot work until the Summer contract (SPIEP and/or work study) and associated paperwork have been completed and returned to the Office of Financial Aid. In addition, verification of my Time training must be provided. Students can only work within the set dates according to their signed and submitted contract(s). Copies of their contract(s) will be returned to student upon submission.
Office of Financial Aid
M-Th: 10:30 am-6 pm
F: 10:30 am-4 pm
Founders Hall 152
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015