Request for Intersession 2013 Financial Aid
- Intersession 2013 Application Once you fill out an application it can be scanned and emailed/faxed, mailed through USPS or hand delivered to our office.
- Deadline to apply for loans for Intersession: Monday, December 3, 2012
If you miss this deadline, you will be required to pay the intersession tuition in full on December 20, 2012.
Frequently Asked Questions
What financial aid is available?
- The Graduate Plus loan is the only type of loan available for the intersession.* Scholarships may not be used during the intersession.
How much does it cost?
- $ 1,560 per unit for JD and Foreign Trained attorney students
- $ 1,420 per unit for Tax LLM students
How much can I borrow?
- Students may only borrow for tuition charges – no additional allowance is given for living expenses.
- The amounts listed below include the mandatory Graduate Plus 4 % federal fees that are deducted prior to disbursement.
- Students may borrow a maximum of:
- $ 1,625 for 1 unit or $ 3,250 for 2 units – JD students
- $ 1,480 for 1 unit or $ 2,960 for 2 units – LLM students
When will my intersession loan be disbursed (posted to my LLS Student Account)?
Your intersession loan disbursement will be posted to your LLS Student Account on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 IF:
- Your loan was approved by the Department of Education AND you are enrolled in the number of units for which your loan was calculated. Read the Tuition liability policy for Intersession here.
When will I receive my spring 2013 refund for living expenses?
Your spring loans will be posted to your LLS Student Account on Tuesday, January 8, 2013. When the funds will be available to you is dependent on your refund method:
- Electronic loan refunds will be processed and will be released according to your bank’s policy.
- Check refunds will be requested and may take a week to be received from LMU’s Accounts Payable.
Office of Financial Aid
M-Th: 10:30 am-6 pm
F: 10:30 am-4 pm
Founders Hall 152
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015