LLM in Tax
Loyola's Graduate Tax Program offers rigorous, practical training designed to produce practice-ready tax practitioners in a supportive and personalized environment. Loyola's program is ranked among the top 10 Tax LLM programs by US News & World Report; the school as a whole in the top 10 in "best classroom experience" by the Princeton Review. Loyola's tax faculty includes 3 of the 15 most SSRN-downloaded tax professors in the United States and some of the most distinguished tax practitioners in southern California.
One factor that distinguishes us from every other Tax LLM program of which we are aware is that our Tax LLM program is not expected to subsidize our JD program. This allows us to be extremely selective in admissions, keep our classes small, and offer unusually high quality instruction.
Facts that matter:
- Highly selective: Our Tax LLM program is more selective than our JD program. We believe this to be unique among Tax LLM programs.
- Small classes: Average enrollment in advanced tax classes is currently 12. This allows us to offer personalized, rigorous instruction, customized to each student’s needs.
- Extensive experiential learning opportunities: We offer an IRS Small Cases Clinic, a Taxpayer Appeals Assistance Clinic, a Tax Appeals Assistance Program Sales and Use Tax Clinic, a Nonprofit Tax and Transactions Clinic, a Tax Law Practicum, and externships at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, United States Attorney Tax Division, California Attorney General Business and Tax Division, California State Board of Equalization, Office of the California State Controller, and the United States Bankruptcy Courts, among others.
- Nationally recognized faculty: The quality of our student body and small class sizes have enabled us to attract some of the best advanced tax instructors available anywhere; most are nationally recognized experts in their fields.
- 100% Graduate Tax Scholarships: Full-tuition scholarships are offered each year to up to three full-time candidates for the Tax LLM degree. Graduate Tax Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit to applicants who present outstanding academic records and show exceptional promise.
Office of Admissions
M-Th: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
F: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Founders Hall 154
919 Albany Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
U.S. News & World Report
#9 Tax Law
Princeton Review (U.S.)
#7 Best Professors
#7 Best Environment for Minority Students