Students will take at least one of the following courses for a minimum of three units.
- Administrative Law
- Civil Rights Litigation Seminar
- Constitutional Litigation/ Section 1983 (not offered until 2012-13)
- Immigrant Justice Practicum: Lawyering Skills I or Immigrant Justice Practicum: Lawyering Skills II
- Juvenile Justice Program
- Principles of Social Justice
- Public Interest Lawyering (not offered until 2012-13)
Students must select for their two-unit Upper Division Writing Requirement (UDWR) a topic related to Public Interest Law. This may be accomplished by selecting a seminar or other UDWR class from the list of Public Interest Law electives or by writing a law review article or directed research paper on a topic approved by the Concentration Advisor.
Students must also take enough electives to reach a minimum of 15 units for the Concentration as a whole.
Students will earn at least four units of clinic or externship credit in a functioning public interest practice environment
Public Interest Law Concentration
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015