- Need units for next semester?
- Need to satisfy your pro bono requirement?
- Interested in work study opportunities?
- Looking for real-world, practical legal experience to build your résumé?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then join The Loyola Law School Center For Conflict Resolution (The Center) for an informal group interview where you will learn about becoming a trained conciliator and mediator, as well as about our available unit and paid positions. The Center provides mediation, conciliation and facilitation (ADR) services.
If You Want To Learn More About:
- Earning units while satisfying your pro bono requirement
- Gaining valuable experience doing real-world conciliation and mediation on a wide variety of cases including neighbor-neighbor, consumer-merchant, and employment discrimination disputes
- Receiving a Mediation Certificate that satisfies the California Dispute Resolution Programs Act
- Applying for the Pearl Castro Mendez Position and serving the monolingual Hispanic community of Los Angeles County, and
- Contributing your time, education, and skills to support the communities around Loyola Law School
TO APPLY FOR AN EXTERNSHIP, PRO BONO OR WORK-STUDY POSITION:
Please either download the The Center’s application/questionnaire at The Center For Conflict Resolution Application or pick up an application/questionnaire from The Center located at 800 S. Figueroa Street Suite 1140, Los Angeles, CA 90017. Submit the completed application/questionnaire along with a current resume to Elizabeth Alexander at Elizabeth.Alexander@lls.edu.
Contact Elizabeth Alexander at Elizabeth.Alexander@lls.edu or (213) 736-1083 for more information or upcoming interview dates.
The Center For Conflict Resolution
800 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
919 Albany St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
M-Th: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
F: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Evenings and weekends by appointment